Youth revisited

My college batch get together went off very well.

It is difficult to know all the members of 300 strong batch. I was one of the least known as I have been away from Chennai for long. Varying degree of wear and tear which is natural as people get on in age also made identification difficult. As a rule, people have gained weight and sported receding hairlines . After all those present made a systematic introduction of who they were and what they were up to which was interspersed with humour, we settled down and had a good time. One could easily make out those who have settled in USA. The unmistakable American drawl made them stand apart.

The most interesting part was somebody came up to me and told me that I have grown taller after my college days ! Growing taller after 22 years of age ? It was definitely a question of mistaken identity.

I had the unenviable task of giving a pep talk on how to prepare for entrance exam for post graduate management studies. I think I did a good job of it even outlining my motivation to undertake such an academic pursuit.

It was an enjoyable evening.

Comments

  1. Nice to know that another GU'82 has a blog. I did have a blog for almost five years and then deleted all of them and started a fresh again sometimes last year.

    I only read this post and saw the headings of blog archive. May be when time permits I might see your other blogs as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I joined a previous such get-together in 2007 at the Alumni club. Must say it was quite a drab affair. As a result have steered clear since.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut, the wonder fruit - Nostalgia !

School days

At war for cricket