Boredom

I have two daughters who are full of verve and energy. The elder one talks incessantly while the younger one though a good conversationalist is more circumspect. My wife and my mom complete my family.

There is never a dull moment in the family. Being the only male member, I feel the pressure for my attention and time. Kids keep complaining that I do not pay enough attention to them. My wife says that all my attention is on my kids. Mom's voice is lost in the wilderness. I enjoy each and every minute with my family.

An year and half ago, I took up a "challenging" assignment which has forced me to stay away from the family. Chennai where I work and Delhi where my family stays is far away and I can not afford to travel frequently. The implementation of the project I am working on kept me busy and engaged for an year. The ful fledged office is functioning smoothly and now life has become very boring.

I do not know what to do with myself after office hours. I bought several books on various topics and finished most of them. I stopped reading the couple of months back.Long walks, yoga and a bit of cooking takes away some time but there is still plenty left. I am aware kids are missing me a lot.

To stay all alone at my age is a real pain. I am looking forward to join my family at the earliest.

My absence reduces the degree of freedom of movement for my family. But my wife is a fighter and is doing what ever she can to keep the kids busy. She takes them to dance class, singing class and swimming class. She takes mom for a cycle of treatment beside juggling a five day a week job. I want to get back before her stamina runs out and patience wears thin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut, the wonder fruit - Nostalgia !

School days

At war for cricket