School days

I found the first follower of my blog- Thomas Mailainathan ( Jegharaj ) my school mate as well as my college mate.

We studied in Madras Christian College School where I was in Malayala medium in 6th and 7th standard and then shifted to English medium. Thomas M was in English medium through out his school days. We were in different sections.

I got to know Thomas M in NCC Airwing in 9th standard. We attended a 10 day camp together. The toilet facility at the camp being bad, we used to eat very little food to avoid nature's call. Water was also in short supply and I took bath only twice during the camp. He won a corporal rank in second year of NCC and became a sergeant in third year. Holding a poorer rank , I ended my NCC stint in thea two years.

We spent the five years in College of Engineering in the same section. I had met him on a few occassions in early 80s after graduating from college. He did surface through our batch yahoo group. I got to know him better as a famly man and bread winner in subsequent one to one emails which stopped abruptly for no explicable reason. I am also to blame as I failed to keep my end going.

I am glad to get this good friend back. I did see his photo somewhere. He looked heavier and was bespectacled in an odd way. From the earlier correspondence, I am aware that he has two grown up sons who I presume must be doing well.

Thomas M, welcome back my friend.

Comments

  1. Thank you, SS. I enjoy reading your blog. There are lots of topic that you are touching. Thanks for sharing these. I have two sons. One graduated from College and employed through the help of our batchmate Arul Ayyaswamy. I still have one more to go. He will be in final year high school and he is pursuing major in Music (Voice Opera). By the way when he had to stay in Chicago our classmate KR Suresh accomodated him in his house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also want to complement your progress from Malayalam Medium middle school and earning MBA at IIM. Great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Thomas.

    You are a good person and you will always find a helping hand when you need one. I am happy with the progress made by your sons.

    COming to think of it, World is a wonderful palce despite the cuts, bumps and bruises it heaps on us. I am aware you had more than your fair share of them. They serve a useful purpose though- the cuts,bumps and bruises make us more resolute and tenacious.

    Let us wish our families the very best for times to come.

    Let us keep in touch.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Thomas.

    You are a good person and you will always find a helping hand when you need one. I am happy with the progress made by your sons.


    World is a wonderful place despite the cuts, bumps and bruises it heaps on us. I am aware you have suffered more than your fair share. These cuts, bumps and bruises serve an important purpose- they make us more resolute, stronger and tenacious.

    let us wish each other and our families the very best for times to come.

    Let us keep in touch.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut, the wonder fruit - Nostalgia !

At war for cricket