Edgar -the good soul

On Christmas day, I called up some school classmates and wished them.
Then an idea struck me. One of school classmates is running an old age home for destitute. I thought day of Christmas would be the right day to make my maiden token contribution to Edgar's old age home.
I got the bank details and set up online bank connect by evening.
Almighty and I have been strangers to each other for most part. He let this one slip and I forgot. I scrambled and completed the transaction yesterday.

Edgar has no Whatsapp. I decided to call him and substitute him to Almighty to earn a token of appreciation.

When I conveyed my insignificant act, I could hear Edgar choking and there was pregnant silence.

I asked, "Are you crying? Isn't it period of celebration?"
Edgar recovered and said, " I am happy - I have good friends"
I wound up the call wishing him long and healthy life.

Edgar is indeed a good soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut, the wonder fruit - Nostalgia !

School days

At war for cricket