New environment

Once again I am finding myself in a new city where I do not have any social contacts. My career has taken to many cities I have never visited before like Kanpur and Patna. Now I am at Jaipur which I have visited as a tourist on a few occassions. We had a family of relatives here until a couple of years back.

I have to start social life on a clean slate. As I am getting on in age, I am finding this aspect tougher as years roll by.

Jaipur is a clean royal city. The pink city is the old city with the usual problem of narrow roads and congestion. The new city which is growing outside the walled pink city is a sprawling metropolis with wide roads and big parks withsome large palaces and temples too.

Starting life all over again is a tough task but the silver lining is new people and new culture one gets to interact with. It also provides e an opportunity to visit other important cities in Rajastan like Jodhpur, Bikaneer, Jaisalmer and Bharatpur.


I feel the pace of life would not be unrelenting unlike Delhi or Chennai. I will work on my fitness which has gone for a toss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut, the wonder fruit - Nostalgia !

School days

At war for cricket